Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another Film by Ray Halliday




This is just a rough draft. But you guys get the idea. It's about flowers.

Anyway, I have this letter to my parents that seems hard to write, so I thought I would write it privately here, and see what you guys thought of it before sending it out.

Dear Mom and Dad (that's what I call them)

I want you to understand something that has been on my mind for the last few years. I very much regret moving away from the two of you (and my sister, I forget her name at the moment). I did not think that moving so far away would have such bad consequences. Don't get me wrong, I've got a nice life out here in California and I would not want to trade it. But, I did not think I would be so stuck out here. I honestly thought I would have made enough money to take a trip out to see you at least once a year or something. I wish we could have known each other better and spent more time together. It would have been nice, I think, to really get to know each other as adults. I believe we would have had some nice times. I still keep my eyes peeled for ways to see you more and even possibly, at some point, move back out your way. Unfortunately, I do not feel that time is on our side. I regret that, too.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know.

yer son,

Ray


What do you guys think?


P.S.

I like pineapples, I think they are a good fruit.

5 comments:

  1. this is a nice letter, Ray. maybe you should ask friends to chip in for a flight out east so you can see them for the holidays. I'd pony up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they might be hurt by the reference to pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd help pony. It is a nice letter.

    Mel

    P.S. the flowers are purty. Real purty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that this letter is a heartfelt thing that should open rooms filled with good will.

    ReplyDelete