Monday, August 23, 2010

Ray Halliday: Enthusiasms

As most of you know, I have lost my enthusiasm for almost everything, and have a hard time doing or wanting to do much of anything. Not so with pineapple, mostly. As most of you know I am pretty much of a pineapple purist and find messing with it (grilling, juicing or putting it in drinks) somewhat disappointing.

Yesterday I went to see They Might Be Giants, who I love. I got to see my friend Dominic play in the opening band and I was amazed to see how well he projects his rock and roll attitude way, way out into the bleachers. It was neat to see! But I couldn't help, during the whole show, thinking about how I was pretty claustrophobic and far away. *sigh*

Still, I try and try. Today, it almost seems like summer in San Francisco. Amazing! You could smell grass and leaves on the morning air. So I am going to try and go to the library and then out to golden gate park to see the Impressionists. I hope they will wake me up a little.

Also, I put a bunch of vanilla yogurt over my pineapple this morning. It seems like a very "kid" breakfast to have. But it was so great that it made me wish it was tomorrow already. Plus, I am listening to Phil Ochs, and I'm finding it hard to break away to get my day started.

Who said I'm not enthusiastic about stuff?

5 comments:

  1. You always seem to be enthusiastic about stuff when I'm around you. In fact your enthusiasm for regular stuff is what I enjoy most about you! (sorry if this messes with your 'broken man' rep)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Kat. In fact, often, your enthusiasm reminds me of a pineapple's enthusiasm in that beneath a rather ostensibly hard exterior, there is warmth, sweetness, juice, and a solid solid core. I'm gonna see the Impressionsists next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer day in SF, yogurt on pineapple, Phil Ochs, Golden Gate Park--all sounds good to me! I'm a huge Phil Ochs fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Mod. It turns out that Tuesday is a much better day to go to see the Impressionists, Monet, Manet, Degas, and my favorite, Rich Little.

    ReplyDelete